Write or go to the Stark County Board of Elections and request an absentee ballot, giving the following information:*
- Your name and voting residence
- Your birthdate and proper identification information (see application)
- Statement that you are a qualified elector
- The election for which you are requesting a ballot
- Your party choice if the election is a primary, or that you want to vote an issues-only ballot
- The mailing address to which you want your ballot sent
- Your signature
* An absentee voter application form is available for your convenience, but is not required. You may download it, print it, fill it out and mail it to the board.
Note: The absentee ballot request deadline is 3 p.m. on election day in the case of medical emergencies. To be eligible under this provision, you must be confined in a hospital because of a medical emergency. A close relative may deliver and return your ballot if you so request and state the relative's name and relationship on the application, or representatives of the board of elections can be requested to deliver the ballot.
For your absentee ballot to be counted, it must be received as follows:
- If cast from anywhere in the U.S. and you return it by mail, it must be postmarked* (the day before the election) and received by the board of elections no later than 10 days after the election. If you return it in person or if a near relative delivers it to the board for you, it must be delivered to the board of elections no later than the close of polls on Election Day.
- If you are a voter outside the U.S. on Election Day, your ballot envelope must be signed and postmarked by the close of polls on Election Day and received by your county board of elections not later than the 20th day after the presidential primary election or by the 10th day after a special or general election.
- If returned in-person to the board of elections, absentee ballots must be received at your local county board of elections on Election Day by 7:30 p.m. (the close of the polls).
* Postmarked does not include a date marked by a postage evidence system such as a postage meter.