The Stark County Auditor
As legal protection of property ownership, every parcel that is presented for transfer must first have its legal description checked for compliance to the Stark County, Ohio Standards Governing Conveyances. All instruments of conveyance accompanying said legal description must also follow the criteria explained in the Tax Map Department’s Deed Requirement Guidelines.
The Tax Map Department under the Stark County Auditor review the following, but are not limited to reviewing:
- Instruments of conveyance
- Division of property (split)
- Combination of property (combine)
- Allotment/subdivision plat
- Easement plat
- Dedication and vacation of a street
- Condominium declarations and amendments
- Highway plan
The Tax Map Department is also the point of contact for:
- Sheriff sale legal description approval
- Tax combinations and paper splits
- Lot vacation in an unincorporated area
- Printing of large, scaled, traditional, tax maps
The Tax Map Department is willing to help in any way we can but please remember we are limited by law, ethics, and the public’s best interest. This office cannot give legal advice.
Due to Ohio Ethic Laws, we are unable to recommend any private company i.e. surveyors, title offices, attorneys, law firms, etc.
REMEMBER, IT IS IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO CONTACT AN ATTORNEY OR LEGAL COUNSEL TO HELP WITH ANY OF THE TOPICS ABOVE.